Boyan JEKOV, PhD eng. is
– Associated Professor in Informatics and Computer Science in "Computer Science" department,
– Vice-dean of "Information Science" faculty at ULSIT – University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Sofia, Bulgaria.
He graduated a Master degree of Engineering in Information Technology at Technical University – Sofia, where he is a lecturer in the English Language Engineering Faculty(ELEF). He is a honorary lecturer at New Bulgarian University and VUZF. He has specialized in Information Technology, Information Security, ICT project management and International economy affairs in UK, France, the Netherlands, Korea, Japan and Taiwan.
He has worked as a consultant and expert on e-Governance at UNDP and Council of Ministries of Bulgaria, Bulgarian Industrial Association (BIA), Bulgarian Association of Information Technologies (BAIT) and projects with the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Regional Development, Ministry of Education and Science.
He is a:
– Member of the National Horizin2020 Network – program committee member (PCM) of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and National Contact Point (NCP) of Information and Communication Technologies ICT, Secure Society and Future and Emerging Technologies;
– Member of the Board of the Union of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Communications (CEEC), Bulgaria;
– Chairmen of JICA Alumni – Bulgaria – organization of graduates training in Japan funded by JICA – Japan International Cooperation Agency;
– Permanent Secretary of the club "Friends of Japan in Bulgaria" – Nihon Tomono Kai;
– Cofounder and vice-chairmen of JSPS Alumni Bulgaria (Japan Science Promotion Society) with chairmen Academician Blagovest Sendov